** This giveaway is now closed and the lucky winner, drawn by random number generator, is Karen Szewc who left the following comment
”I raise sheep! Blue faced leicesters no less And I spin yarn and do a lot of felting but I do not knit I used to knit when I was young-just produce the yarn right now so I need to relearn knitting!!!.”
Thanks to all those who entered and congrats to Karen! **
This month I thought we would take knitting as our craft, and for any of those who would like to learn to knit, I have a great book giveaway.
Knitting is often one of those crafts that we try as a child, and maybe don’t get into properly, but would like to return to later. Now is that time, as knitting is very fashionable right now and hence there are some gorgeous wools and designs available. If you want to see what other people are creating and to pick up some patterns, both free and paid, then you should take a look at Ravelry.
If you are interested in reading about the life of a knitting book author, then you should take a look at our interview with Susan B Anderson. If you would prefer to get knitting yourself and prefer a visual medium then take a look at our post How To: Knitting for Beginners.
The giveaway this month is also for those who are novice knitters. I have one copy of the book ‘Knitty Gritty: Knitting for the Absolute Beginner (Available on Amazon UK & Amazon USA). This is a great book with all the techniques and some easy patterns to get you started.
To be in with a chance of winning the book, please read through the following T&Cs and then you can enter by completing the three steps below.
Terms & Conditions
* No purchase is necessary to enter the giveaway.
* The winner will be drawn randomly.
* Odds of winning are based on the number of entries.
* You may enter from today and entries will be closed at 11.59 pm GMT on the 30th June 2013.
* Only one entry is allowed per person.
* Anyone 13 or over may enter from any country.
* If you win you will be contacted via the e-mail address that you use to enter the giveaway. We will contact the winner by the 6th July 2013 and you will have 14 days to respond. If we do not hear from you within that time then another winner will be randomly drawn.
How To Enter:
Step 1: If you are on Facebook, please Like my Art of Crafts page.
Step 2: If you are on Twitter, please send out a Tweet about this giveaway by Clicking Here – it’s all done for you, just need to click and send.
Step 3: Please leave a comment below, telling me what attracts you to learning to knit. This will count as your entry. (Please do not worry if your comment does not appear immediately, comments are moderated and it will show up soon)
Good luck everyone 🙂