** This giveaway is now closed. The lucky winner, drawn by random number generator is Michele McLean, who left the following comment
“I would love to be able to draw, my 3 year old keeps asking me to draw him pictures of animals etc….I do try but for once I would like it to resemble his request!! ”
With thanks to all those who entered and many congrats to Michele. There will be another giveaway coming soon **
For February, I have chosen learning to draw, as our focus. I used to draw as a child and it is something that I would very much like to get back into. I think drawing can seem quite daunting, as we think to ourselves that we are either gifted at it or not, but I don’t believe that to be completely true. Of course there are going to be some people at the very top of the field that are breathtakingly gifted, but I believe we can all produce something that we can enjoy, through the flexing of our creative muscles.
To that end, I wanted to do a giveaway that would get the novice started. Therefore the prize up for grabs this month is the book ‘Drawing for the Absolute Beginner: A Clear & Easy Guide to Successful Drawing‘ by Mark and Mary Willenbrink (Amazon USA/Amazon UK) and a tin of 12 Derwent Drawing Pencils (Amazon USA/Amazon UK).This is a great little pack to get you started and is going to bring someone a lot of pleasure.
To be in with a chance of winning both the book and the pencils (I have one of each to give away), please read through the following T&Cs and then you can enter by completing the three steps below.
Terms & Conditions
* The winner will be drawn randomly.
* Odds of winning are based on the number of entries.
* You may enter from today and entries will be closed at 11.59 pm GMT on the 28th February 2013.
* Only one entry is allowed per person.
* Anyone 13 or over may enter from any country.
* If you win you will be contacted via the e-mail address that you use to enter the giveaway. We will contact the winners by the 12th March 2013 and you will have 30 days to respond. If we do not hear from you within that time then another winner will be randomly drawn.
How To Enter:
Step 1: If you are on Facebook, please Like my Art of Crafts page.
Step 2: If you are on Twitter, please send out a Tweet about this giveaway by Clicking Here – it’s all done for you, just need to click and send.
Step 3: Please leave a comment below telling me why you would like to learn to draw (Please do not worry if your comment does not appear immediately, comments are moderated and it will show up soon)
Good Luck everyone!