For today’s interview please welcome Aga Kruk. You can see many of Aga’s stunning jewelry designs at her website http://www.agajewelrydesigns.com/. Aga is also the teacher of the hugely popular Craftsy class Wire -Wrapped Stones, Crystals and Clusters.
* How long have you been making jewelry? And what inspired you to start? I have been making jewelry for last 5 years. But, I started focusing on wire 4 years ago, and that’s when it became more than just a hobby.
I have never imagined I would like making jewelry. I went to the local bead store and that was it. I even remember my first design; sadly I don’t have a picture of it. It was an illusion necklace with brown, gold and orange beads.
* Give us a mini-tour of your studio. What’s the strangest thing in it? What’s the most useful thing? It is a small, but very sunny room, with a long white desk and a red, comfortable chair. I keep all my tools on the desk, some of them are in white ceramic pots. All my stones and beads are organized by color in plastic crystal clear containers. I keep them in a cabinet with many drawers. I think the cabinet is the most useful thing at my place.
The strangest thing in it? Hmmm, I think is a power drill, I use it to twist my wire. People always ask me, why I have a power drill in my room.
* You’re based in Arlington, right? What do you love about the area? Right, I live in Arlington, VA. This is where I feel comfortable and accepted. This is where good things happen to me. This is where people are friendly and nice.
* Aside from jewelry-making, do you have projects or passions that fill your free time? Yes, I have two weaknesses. Love for baking and old polish movies. Any time I see a new cake recipe, I need to try it out. And, every time I go to Poland, I look for DVD’s with old polish movies.
* And finally, who should take your Craftsy class? Beginners? Experts? Enthusiastic wire and bead artists? When Craftsy contacted me and asked me to teach a jewelry class, I knew that I wanted to create a course not only for beginners, but experts as well. And, I think, I did it. The course starts with very basic wire-wrapping techniques and as I go, I build up skills, presenting more advanced and difficult projects.
Every person, beginner or expert, can find some interesting information, tips and inspiration in my Craftsy course.
Sign Up For My Free Newsletter
As a thank you I will send you my two ebooks 'The Big Book of Craft Interviews: Vol 1 & 2' and you will get access to my weekly newsletter.