Whether you’re new to the crafting world and getting ready for your first show, or you’ve been at it for years and just need a little freshening up, you’ve come to the right place. Having a successful booth at a craft fair takes some advanced planning – and it wouldn’t hurt to know our insider design tips on what makes a great booth.
Here are some of our favorite tips for creating a craft booth that not only helps you sell your creations, but also keeps your customers coming back for more:
- Be consistent, yet quirky – You want your customers to remember you (and how much they loved your goods) if they see you at another fair in the future. To help your brand stick in their memory, choose something that makes your booth unique – and use it again and again. Perhaps it’s a fun way to display your items. Or maybe it’s a bold-patterned tablecloth that will stick in their memory. Or, maybe it’s even a little token or card that you give customers when they buy something. Find something that’s truly “you” and use it for every event you attend.
- Be bold –A bright colored tablecloth can be a great base for patterned fabrics, jewelry and other goods. Make your creations “pop” by giving them a strong foundation – don’t count on just an old wooden table.
- Make it cohesive –If you plan to use small boxes, lids, or other items for props, make sure they match the rest of your display. These items should be used to show off your crafts – not draw people’s attention away from them.
- Create a smooth traffic flow –When setting up, consider exactly how your customers will experience the booth. Make sure there’s a comfortable place for them to browse, ask questions, and eventually pay for your items. If the booth is too crowded and busy, people could easily move onto the next booth.
- Consider hanging displays – To add more display space, consider hanging items from a frame, bookshelf, or even the ceiling (if it’s not too high). This will draw passer-byers into the booth when they see something out of the ordinary.
Whether you’re selling jewelry, knitted scarves, or something else entirely, keep these tips in mind and trust us – you’ll keep your customers happy and coming back for more!
For more about craft sales read The 5 Elements of Seductive Craft Fair Booth Displays: http://www.retailpackaging.com/blog/2012/07/guide-to-craft-fair-booth-displays/
About the Author: Gwen Stewart has been crafting since she was a little girl. Her first masterpiece (of any particular note) was a snake-shaped rug made of green yarn glued to cardboard, which her mother still displays proudly in Gwen’s childhood home. These days, Gwen has reached a level of higher-quality crafts, which she creates any moment she is not caring for her children, writing or doing marketing work for Retail Packaging.