For today’s craft interview please welcome Annie from AnniesMiniatureFlorals.
1. Firstly, please introduce yourself and tell us a little about where you are based, for example in which country and part of that country?
My name is Carole Anne Farber..But everyone calls me Annie..I am a whopping 56 years old..but the spirit and mind of a 23 year old..body is exactly 56 or older. I have always loved being creative..always have looked at things in a way many people don.t….asking myself what could I make out of this.
I had lived in Spokane,WA for 8 years and then returned back to my roots with my husband a newly retired disguntled postman..we bought a wonderful big house with an inground pool..and lived there almost 3 years.. but the countryside was calling us again..so we sold our house and moved to the country…I said I would do this on the condition that I had a craft room..all to myself..and I do..Its wonderful looking out onto our acreage and doing what I love to do the most. Making miniature Floral arrangements…1:12 scale on up…and I also paint.. and crochet..so many things to keep me busy..Plus I have 2 beautiful daughters and 2 wonderful grandchildren.. hoping for more..I live now in a small town called West Point, Ia and we both feel at peace here..
2. Please tell us a little about the nature of your craft/crafts
My craft is very unusual..I found my niche as they call it. I make miniature floral arrangments for dollhouse collectors, to make their rooms have a sense of home with florals. I also make floral arrangements and Bridal Bouquets.. and even a Funeral for a poor dead doll on the story based website www.roeville.com and another website that also did a story with their dolls, I did the Floral Decor for them ..and also alot of ebay sellers to display with Handmade designer Fashions.
4. Did you have any formal training or have you learnt by yourself as you have gone along?
5. How did the idea for your business/website come about?
6. How long now have you been established?
7. How do you find inspiration and where do you locate your materials?
8. Do you do your business/website on a full-time basis or are you also working whilst you get it up and running
9. Tell us a little about your typical day and what is involved in running the business/website
I start out my day by reading emails..to see if I have a any custom orders from clients..then I go to my selling websites and see if I have any that sold that day and if I do I get it ready to ship out.
Make the time to correspond with your clients, let them know how their custom piece or pieces are going and send photos. Try and make new pieces each week, so your customers don’t see the same thing week after week. I have business cards made up for all 3 of my shops and send one in every mailed out item.
11. How do you sell your wares – through craft fairs etc or through your own website and or Etsy or other shops?
12. Finally, if people want to learn more about your business/website do you have a Facebook page or Twitter profile where they can learn more?
Sign Up For My Free Newsletter
As a thank you I will send you my two ebooks 'The Big Book of Craft Interviews: Vol 1 & 2' and you will get access to my weekly newsletter.